The Regional Australia Institute (RAI) will hold the first Regions Rising state event for 2023 in Bunbury, WA this week.
The Regions Rising event series brings together industry experts, economists, regional leaders, government, political leaders, academics and the community sector to deliver the latest information on the key pillars affecting regional communities - including jobs and skills, housing, population, liveability, productivity and innovation and sustainability and resilience.
RAI CEO Liz Ritchie will join the Minister for Regional Development; Disability Services; Fisheries; Seniors and Ageing, the Hon Don Punch MLA where he will deliver a keynote address.
|| Regions Rising – Western Australia
|| Friday, 10 March 2023
|| 9:00am – 6.30pm (AWST)
|| Bunbury Regional Entertainment Centre, 2 Blair Street, Bunbury
|| In person and virtual
The conference will conclude at 4.15pm and this will be followed by Sundowner drinks
Other speakers include:
- Judith Barker, CEO, Royal Flying Doctor Service
- Cr Grant Henley, Mayor, City of Busselton
- Kate O’Hara, CEO, Foodbank WA
- Eliza Borrello, National Regional Reporter, ABC
- Liz Guidera, President, Katanning Shire Council
- Martin Ringer, Group Institute International
- Lee Jacobsen, Chair, RDA Goldfields Esperance
- Carolyn Meighan, Special Counsel, HHG Legal Group
- Mellisa Teede, CEO, South West Development Commission
- Bec Bignell, Producer, Writer, Podcast Host and Actor
- Naomi Evans, Head of nbn Local WA (Regional and Community)
- Ben Mcnamara, CEO, CBH Group
- Mat Lewis, Director of WA Creative Tech Hub, Edith Cowan University
- Gerard Neesham OAM, CEO Clontarf Foundation
- Paul Rosair, Executive Director, Regional Capitals Alliance WA
- Will Golsby, General Manager, External Relations and Communications, Royal Automobile Club of WA
- Shane Love MLA, Leader of the Opposition and Leader of the Nationals WA
- Professor Fiona Haslam McKenzie, University of Western Australia Winthrop Research Professional Fellow and Director, Centre for Regional Development
- Professor Cobie Rudd, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Regional Futures, ECU South West
- Mark Scatena, General Manager Fertilisers, WesFarmers
- Fiona Meaton, Director, Legal, PwC
Click here for the full program.
This event is possible thanks to our national event sponsor nbn co, Regions Rising major sponsor Regional Capitals Alliance Western Australia, supporting sponsors South West Development Commission and Talison Lithium and Sundowner event sponsor HHG Legal Group.
Media are invited to attend in person or online. To obtain the link to the event, media are asked to register here.
For media enquiries contact:
Ph: 0409 652 465
E: [email protected]