Regions Leading Their Own Development - March 2024 Program
Grow your impact, influence and performance in regional systems development and innovation with the Regional Australia Institute’s exclusive, invitation-only program for CEOs and senior executives wanting to drive serious and sustainable change in Australia’s regions.
World-class learning guided by Australia’s top minds and leading practitioners in regional development giving you new skills, approaches and tools you need to strengthen your strategic practice of region-led development.
In this practical, evidence-based program you can expect a carefully curated mix of presentations, regional development simulations and scenarios, small group discussions, and our innovative case study method.
Our case study method offers multiple levels of learning, compelling participants to identify relevant cutting-edge perspectives and solutions that you can apply to your own situation, organisation and region.
You will have the opportunity to learn from leading thought leaders and master practitioners who have ‘real life’ knowledge and experience meeting regional challenges.
Upon completion of this program, you will have grown new thinking and elevated your senior practice to shape sustainable and innovative regional systems change to benefit your career and your region.
And you will have built a strong Practice Community of peers from across regional Australia, many of whom are facing similar issues in their regions.
17 – 20 March 2024 | Launceston TAS
The three-day Program draws on over twelve years of leading research and insights developed by the RAI and some of the nation’s top minds and leading authorities on best practice approaches to the development of regional systems, their communities and economies.
This small-group, high-impact Program is tailored to provide you with one-on-one access to leaders and experts to guide and build your practice of regional development.
The Executive Education Program is partially funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts
Download the program
| 5.00pm Sunday, 17 March 2024 – 1.00pm Wednesday, 20 March 2024
The Country Club Launceston, Prospect Vale
15 kms from Launceston Airport
Executive Education Program
Total: $2,940.00 inc. GST (single occupancy only)
Foundation Membership to the Leading Regions Practice Community
| What's covered:
- 3-day course plus pre-work and learning materials
- 3 nights luxury 4.5-star accommodation
- All meals including morning and afternoon teas
- Welcome drinks and curated Tasmanian wines and beers with dinner
- If you are flying, transfers to and from Launceston Airport
| What's not covered:
- Travel to and from Launceston
- Post-dinner alcoholic beverages
17 March: Plan to arrive Launceston Airport by 4.00pm
20 March: Plan to depart Launceston Airport from 2.00pm
To and from Launceston:
- Qantas direct from Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane (seasonal)
- Virgin Australia direct from Melbourne and Sydney, Adelaide (seasonal), Brisbane (seasonal), Perth (seasonal)
- Jetstar direct from Melbourne, Syndey, Brisbane
- Sharp Airlines direct from Flinders Island, King Island
To and from Launceston Airport:
- Launceston Airport Shuttle
More Faculty to be announced soon.
Chief Observation Officer
What is a Chief Observation Officer?
A Chief Observation Officer plays a very important role in the RAI’s Executive Education Program.
They help generate further learning and impact amongst the executive cohort by being open, curious and receptive to all the voices and dynamics emerging from within the Program.
They do this by elevating the practice of listening and reflecting back to the Program cohort and faculty what they have heard, sensed, absorbed and observed.
How to purchase tickets
To purchase a ticket for this event, first you will need to sign in using your Regional Australia Institute username (typically your email address) and password.
Don't have an account on our website yet? Click here to create an account.
If you attempt to create a new account and receive a message saying that “a profile may exist”, along with a verification request, this is because your details already exist within our database and an account has automatically been set up for you.
In this instance, please click “Verify Details” and enter your email address in the “Password Request” field to set-up a password for your account.
If you require a tax invoice, please let us know.
- The event will be run in accordance with all relevant Government health orders.
- If you are unable to attend due to a positive COVID test or being identified as a close-contact and can show us proof, your ticket can be either refunded or we can provide you with access to a Livestream ticket.
- There will be no refunds issued for live-stream tickets.
- Please contact the RAI directly regarding ticket refunds.
- All cancellations must be made in writing (email) to the RAI.
- Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 60 but more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- Substitute delegates are welcome; however, the RAI must be advised in writing (email) of any substitute delegates who will be attending.
Is this program only for CEOs and senior executives?
Yes, this program is designed for CEOs and /or senior executives operating in regional Australia.
Where is the March 2024 Program being held?
What is the cost of the program?
The Program cost is $2,940.00 (inc. GST) and includes:
- 3 days program tuition
- 3 nights’ single occupancy accommodation
- All meals including breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner with drinks.
Foundation Membership to the Leading Regions Practice Community
How do I register for the March 2024 Program?
After you register your interest, you will receive an email to the registration page.
When do registrations close for the March 2024 Program?
Friday, 16 February 2024.
What are the timings for the March intake?
The program commences at 17.00 Sunday, 17 March, concludes at 12.45 on Wednesday 20 March. You can expect each day to be a full day of learning, networking and interacting.
What is your cancellation policy?
Cancellations must be submitted in writing more than 30 days before the program start date to receive a full refund. Due to program demand and the volume of pre-program preparation, cancellations received 15 to 30 days before the program start date are subject to a cancellation fee of 50 percent of the registration fee. Cancellations received within 14 days of the program start date are subject to full payment of the registration fee.
Where am I staying?
Country Club Launceston, a 4.5 star resort in Launceston
Can I arrive at the venue earlier than the commencement of the program?
What will the weather be like?
What is the dress code?
- Evening – smart casual.
Can I bring my partner?
No - Unfortunately, partners are not able to accompany or share accommodation with participants as this may disrupt or dilute the executive learning experience.
The Executive Education Program was funded by the Australian Government through the Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development, Communications and the Arts.