Regional Australia Institute - 2022 National Summit
The RAI’s work over the past decade has positioned the Institute as Australia’s leading organisation
on regional issues. It is now time to use our past learnings to create real change, a societal shift in
Australia, that ends the traditional metro-centric narrative and positions regions in their rightful
place in the Australian story.
In 2022, RAI CEO Liz Ritchie will launch a Regionalisation Ambition that focusses on
strengthening regional Australia for the benefit of the whole nation.
Regionalisation is more than an agenda on decentralisation; it’s an ambition to grow. It ensures that
regional businesses and communities more than just survive, they can thrive.
Regionalisation will create a more equitable, balanced, sustainable and prosperous future for all Australians, not just those who live outside the city limits.
To purchase a ticket for this event, first you will need to sign in using your Regional Australia Institute username (typically your email address) and password.
Don't have an account on our website yet? Click here to create an account.
If you attempt to create a new account and receive a message saying that “a profile may exist”, along with a verification request, this is because your details already exist within our database and an account has automatically been set up for you.
In this instance, please click “Verify Details” and enter your email address in the “Password Request” field to set-up a password for your account.
More speakers to be announced soon.
Day 1 (Tuesday 13th September) - Hotel Realm: 8am - 5pm (AEST)
Conference Dinner (Tuesday 13th September) - Hotel Realm: 6:30pm (AEST)
- Aunty Violet Sheridan - Welcome to Country
- The Hon. Catherine King MP - Minister for Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government
- Liz Ritchie - Chief Executive Office, RAI: Launching the Regionalisation Ambition 2032
- Dr Cathy Foley - Australia's Chief Scientist
- Rob Clayton - Managing Director, Nutrien Ag Solutions
- Tanya Barden - Chief Executive Office, Australian Food and Grocery Council
- Ron Maxwell - Chief Executive Office, Verto
- Karin Maier - Assistant Secretary, Dept of Home Affairs
- David Thodey - Chairman, CSIRO, Tyro and Xero
- Gavin Williams - Chief Development Officer, Regional and Remote, NBN
- Jennifer Westacott - Chief Executive Office, Business Council of Australia
- Tony Wood - Energy and Climate Change Program Director, Grattan Institute
Day 2 (Wednesday 14th September) - Hotel Realm: 8:30am - 4:30pm (AEST)
- The Hon. Kristy McBain MP - Minister for Regional Development, Territories and Local Government
- Shanna Whan - Australian of the Year – Local Hero and Sober in the Country Founder
- Dr Craig Emerson - Managing Director, Emerson Economics Pty Ltd.
- Dr Rachel Bacon - Deputy Secretary, Regional, Cities and Territories Group
- Dr Kim Houghton - Chief Economist, RAI
- Tamika Smith - My Bella Casa
- Richard Goyder - Chairman, Woodside Petroleum Ltd, Qantas Airways Ltd, and the AFL Commission
- The Hon. Fiona Nash - Regional Education Commissioner
- Penny Dakin - Chief Executive Office, ARACY
- Phil Thompson - Native Secrets
- Annabelle Hickson - Editor-in-Chief, Galah Press
- Bec Bignell - Producer, writer, actor
Promo code available for all DOMA hotels: Enter the booking code EVENT in order to receive a 15% discount.
Early Bird Tickets
Early bird tickets will be available at a discounted price until Sunday 7th August 2022 - Don't miss out!
Early Bird Registration:
Day 1, 2 and Conference Dinner: $1,000 + GST
Day 1 and 2: $900 + GST
Day 1 and Conference Dinner: $680 + GST
Day 1: $600 + GST
Day 2: $600 + GST
Conference Dinner: $160 + GST
Day 1, 2 and Conference Dinner: $1,200 + GST
Day 1 and 2: $1,100 + GST
Day 1 and Conference Dinner: $850 + GST
Day 1: $750 + GST
Day 2: $750 + GST
Conference Dinner: $190 + GST
Live Stream Day 1 and 2: $200 + GST
Corporate Table - Day 1 (Table of 10): $6,500 + GST
Corporate Table - Day 1 and Day 2 (Table of 10): $11,000 + GST
- The event will be run in accordance with all relevant Government health orders.
- If you are unable to attend due to a positive COVID test or being identified as a close-contact and can show us proof, your ticket can be either refunded or we can provide you with access to a Livestream ticket.
- There will be no refunds issued for live-stream tickets.
- Please contact the RAI directly regarding ticket refunds.
- All cancellations must be made in writing (email) to the RAI.
- Registrations cancelled more than 60 days before the event will be refunded 80% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 60 but more than 30 days before the event will be refunded 50% of the registration fees.
- Registrations cancelled less than 30 days before the event will not be eligible for a refund.
- Substitute delegates are welcome; however the RAI must be advised in writing (email) of any substitute delegates who will be attending.
Regions Rising Series Sponsors
Thanks to our national event sponsors, Nutrien Ag Solutions and NBN Co. for their generous support.