Schedule to the Terms and Conditions
All capitalised terms used in this Schedule give meaning given to the language used in the Terms and Conditions.
Regional Online Heroes Competition
Regional Australia Institute (RAI)
Level 2, 53 Blackall Street, Barton ACT 2600
ABN – 65 152 955 667
Entry to the Competition is open to:
- Small or medium business owner or business, employing less than 200 employees and located outside a major capital city
Competition and Entry Period commences: Wednesday 30 August 2017
Entry Period closes: Sunday 8th October 2017
Competition ends: Friday 1st December 2017
To enter, entrants must:
Complete a submission using the competition form hosted on the Competition Website, during the Entry Period, providing the following information:
- A general overview of the business (name, size, industry, address etc);
- Evidence of how the business is using the internet to grow or improve business operations, with specific examples from the past 12-24 months;
- Target customers and how the internet is being used to reach them or attract new customers;
- The internet technologies the business uses;
- Business goals and the strategies being using to achieve them;
- The extent to which the business has, or is likely to have, a positive impact within your local community and beyond;
- How taking part in a Masterclass at Google would be of benefit to the entrant and business;
Maximum Number of Entries
Entrants may only enter the Competition once.
The Jury refers to a panel of industry experts, selected by the Promoter to act in a judging capacity for the Competition. The Jury will be comprised of one (1) representative from The Regional Australia Institute, one (1) representative from Google and four (4) independent parties. In their role, members of The Jury will evaluate Competition submissions against a set of Judging Criteria through voting and roundtable discussion methodologies.
The Judging Criteria refers to a set of benchmarks by which submissions will be judged by The Jury. The Judging Criteria for the Competition falls under four themes:
- Creativity and advancement of internet use for business growth and development
- Aspirations of the business
- Potential benefits to be gained from winning the prize
- Community contribution of the business
Voting and Judging Process
At the conclusion of the Competition Period, The Jury will have up to ten (10) business days to consider the Competition submissions and select ten (10) Finalists, including one (1) National Winner.
There will be one (1) Major Prize awarded to a National Winner, and ten (10) Minor Prizes, of which one (1) will be awarded to each Finalist.
Each Finalist will win:
|One (1) x return flight from Finalists’ closest regional or metropolitan airport to Sydney|
|One (1) x night accommodation in Sydney|
|Masterclass event at Google HQ, Sydney|
|Lunch, Afternoon Tea and Cocktail Reception in Sydney|
The National Winner will win:
All items of the Minor Prize, as well as:
|Device from Google (Estimated value = AUD 1200).|
|90 days of dedicated AdWords account management support from a Google ads specialist|
|Feature role in media coverage surrounding competition|
|Title of National Winner for Competition|
(Clauses 10 – 15)
See Terms and Conditions
Masterclass event at Google
The Finalists will be invited to attend a Masterclass at Google Headquarters in Sydney, on Friday 1st December 2017.
The Finalists will be notified on by Thursday 2nd November 2017, via the phone and email contact details included in their submission.
The National Winner will be notified at the Cocktail Reception, following the Masterclass at Google on Friday 1st December 2017.
Rights in Your Entry
(Clauses 16 – 19)
Terms and Conditions
- By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. Any instructions relating to the Competition on the Promoter’s Website form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Any capitalised terms used in these Terms and Conditions have the meaning given in the Schedule, unless stated otherwise. In the event of any inconsistency between the Schedule to the Terms and Conditions (Schedule) and these Terms and Conditions, the Schedule will take precedence.
- The Promoter may in its absolute discretion refuse to award any Prize to any entrant who fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Eligibility to enter the Competition is subject to the Entry Restrictions.
- Persons who are (1) residents of US embargoed countries, (2) ordinarily resident in US embargoed countries, or (3) otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not participate in this contest.
- This competition is not open to employees of Google, the Regional Australia Institute or members of their immediate family.
To be eligible for entry entrants must reside in, and have an ABN registered to, a regional area as defined here .
- The Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period. Any entry received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- To be deemed eligible for the Prize, entrants must act in accordance with the Entry Method (and any other entry details provided by the Promoter on the Website) during the Competition Period.
Maximum Number of Entries
- Entrants can enter the Competition up to the Maximum Number of Entries.
- The entrant(s) whose entry is judged by The Jury to be the best example of the benchmarks outlined in the Judging Criteria will win the Prize. Chance plays no part in determining the Prize winners. Decisions of the Promoter and The Jury are final and will be binding on each person who enters the Competition and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Prize will be awarded as specified in the Schedule. The Prize values are the recommended retail value as provided by the relevant supplier, are in Australian dollars and are correct as at the time of the commencement of the Competition Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the Prize value.
- Unless otherwise specified in the Schedule, the Promoter will not be responsible for any additional costs associated with use of the Prize. The Prize winner (and, if applicable, their guest(s)) is responsible for all costs associated with using the Prize.
- The Prize winner must be available and willing to redeem the Prize on the date stipulated by the Promoter. If the Prize winner is not able to redeem the Prize on that date, the Promoter may determine another Prize winner in its absolute discretion.
- No component of the Prize can be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- All Prizes are subject to availability. In the event that any of the Prizes or part of a Prize becomes unavailable due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter reserves the right to provide a similar product to the same or greater value as the original prize.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner (and any guests participating in using the Prize) must comply with all the conditions of use of the Prize and Prize supplier’s requirements.
- Unless advertised differently, the Prize winner(s) will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification details in the Schedule.
Rights in Your Entry
- To be eligible for a Prize your entry must only include original material created by you or material which you have permission to use, which may be included in your entry.
- By submitting your entry to the Promoter, you grant the Promoter and its licensees and assignees:
- the right to reproduce and communicate your entry to the public in whole or in part, in perpetuity and throughout the world in any media; and
- the right to publicise, broadcast and communicate to the public your name, character, likeness or voice for any promotion or matter incidental to the Competition with no compensation to you for such use.
- You understand and agree that your entry may be edited or adapted at any time by the Promoter for legal, editorial or operational reasons.
- As a condition of accepting the Prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation, including Media Release forms, as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or Prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
- Any attempt to interfere with the normal functioning of the Website or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant invalid.
- You warrant that:
- entry is your original work, and to the extent it is not, you have obtained the relevant permission;
- all details provided with your entry are true and accurate;
- you have all necessary rights to grant the Promoter the rights granted under these Terms and Conditions;
- use of your entry by the Promoter, in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, will not infringe the rights of any third parties; and
- your entry does not breach any law.
- You agree to indemnify the Promoter against any loss or damage resulting from any breach of the warranties above and acknowledge that the Promoter may, in its absolute discretion, not award the Prize to you for breach of the warranties above.
- You acknowledge that the Promoter is under no obligation to use your entry, and any reproduction and/or communication of your entry to the public by the Promoter (in accordance with these Terms and Conditions) is at the complete discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter will collect your personal information for the purposes of conducting the Competition. In doing so, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to its contractors, agents, any partner or co-promoter. Prize winners’ names may be published as set out in these Terms and Conditions. The Promoter may also use your personal information for any promotional, marketing and publicity purposes of the Promoter.
- If there is any event that prevents or hinders the Promoter’s conduct of the Competition or the Promoter’s ability to deliver the Prize to the Prize winner(s), the Promoter may, in its discretion, cancel the Competition and recommence it at another time under the same conditions.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, or for any failure of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the Competition, or for any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of the Competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- To the full extent permitted by the law, the Promoter will not be liable for any delay, death, injury, damages, expenses, or loss whatsoever (whether direct or consequential) to persons or property as a result of any person entering into the Competition or accepting or using any Prize, including without limitation non-receipt of any Prize or damage to any Prize in transit and the Prize winner’s failure to comply with the terms and conditions (if any) specified by any third party.